Recommendations are displayed in the Recommendation pane to guide you as you design the data center model.
It is not a goal in itself to clear all messages. It is, however, a goal to review your modeled design to make it reflect the real-world physical data center infrastructure as accurately as possible.
Message types and severities
- Some messages are related to the model alone. For example, a message will appear if a connection has not been configured in the model between a PDU and its power supply.
- Some messages are related to the model and the real-world physical data with which the model is associated. For example, a message will appear if the measured load of a real-world physical device exceeds the estimated load for the object it was designed to represent in the model.
- Message types:
- Some messages are more severe than others. For example, potential issues with the power design are assumed to be more severe than general issues. If there is both a power message and a general message for as piece of equipment, the power message is displayed in the layout.
Highlight and filter messages
- Highlight: To identify and highlight the component related to the selected message, right-click the message and select Show in Navigation or Show in Layout.
- Filter: To define which messages to show in the pane, toggle the filter. If the filter is disabled, all messages related to the entire solution are listed. If the filter is enabled, only messages related to the selected room or item are listed.
Showing recommendations for selected equipment only
- Click the Link view with selected equipment icon to enable this feature.
- Select equipment in Layout or Navigation pane that you want to see in the Recommendation pane.
- Click the link icon again to disable this feature.