Energy Cost Report
The report will include data based on
- The filter selections
- Time period
- The entered kWh price
- The entered overhead factor
The system uses the best available data for the calculations.
- Measured load values: These values are used if the IT devices have been set up to report live measured data from an external monitoring system such as Data Center Expert server.
- Estimated load values from saved KPI data: These values are used if there is no measured data available and the system has been set up to save KPI data (Capacity History preferences).
The saved KPI estimated load values result in a more accurate report than if only the present time estimated load is available. It allows for using the estimated load throughout the specified time period.
- Present time estimated load values: These values are used if there is no measured data or KPI data available in the system, or if the manufacturer's nameplate value is all that is available to the system, this is the value that will be used.
The manufacturer's nameplate values are based purely on the manufacturer's nameplate of the specified equipment without taking any power loss into account. The overhead factor can be used to adjust the costs to real world power usage effectiveness (PUE).
Any changes done during the specified time period will not be reflected in the report, which makes the report less accurate. For example, if you remove a piece of equipment in between the start and end date, its estimated load value will be completely left out of the calculations. If you add a piece of equipment in between the start and end date, its estimated load value will be included in the calculations as if it was in the solution throughout the entire time period.
- WP-157: Selecting an Industry-Standard Metric for Data Center Efficiency
- WP-154: Electrical Efficiency Measurement for Data Centers
- WP-114: Implementing Energy Efficient Data Centers
- WP-113: Electrical Efficiency Modeling for Data Centers
*Tags included in this report are tags on racks. If you include a piece of tagged rack-mounted equipment and select to include this tag in the report, it will not be included in the report calculation. Only if the rack that the piece of equipment is positioned in is tagged and selected for the report, it will be included.