In the IT Advisor desktop client, you can see an overview of the data center infrastructure in read-only mode (available when Operations is selected in the Application bar). Before making any changes to the data center infrastructure, you must select to open Planning > Data Center in the Application bar.
From the overview in the map view, you can drill down into the contents of the locations and rooms for details or troubleshooting.
- In Navigation, navigate to any location, room, or equipment that you want to see in the layout.
- Double-click a location in Navigation to open it in the layout, showing the Map View.
- Double-click a room in Navigation to open it in the layout, showing the floor layout.
- Click a tab at the bottom of the layout to select a specific view, for example a physical information overlay or one with information about floor loading or rack U-space.
Which view tabs are available depend on the installed add-on modules and the display settings. For example, Cooling will be available if you have IT Advisor: Capacity installed. You can display or hide specific views using the display settings (accessed from the Window menu).
- Show the rack layout by clicking a rack in the room or a rack in Navigation to see the rack front layout of the selection. To see the rack rear layout, flip the rack by clicking the flip icon in the top left corner of the rack.
If you have IT Advisor: Change installed, equipment may appear with + or x and arrow symbols, indicating that changes were proposed to the design, but not yet implemented.
- Switch to List View (available in the toolbar above the layout) to see the selection in a list.
Switch between the panes in the bottom of the application to see relevant information. For example, browse to see any equipment listed in the Equipment Browser, get an overview of power connection configurations in Power Dependency, or any alarms on associated devices in Alarms.
To identify which component in the layout is causing an alarm in the Alarms pane, right-click the alarm in the Alarms pane and select Show in Layout to highlight the component representing the device in the floor or rack layout.