The pane provides a hierarchical overview of the contents in the data center model placed in locations. It has dynamic search functionality: As you start typing in the Search box, the tree structure shows all equipment that contains the typed characters (you can use Boolean operators AND, OR and NOT to filter your search further).
You can edit when you have selected Planning>Data Center in the Application bar and build the data center model to reflect the real-world infrastructure by adding new locations (such as regions, countries, cities) and room items to the hierarchy.
- Locations and rooms of different types can be added from File>New.
- New rows, floor and rack-mountable components can be added from the Genomes.
You can move equipment between the different rooms (and locations) in the Navigation pane and Layout pane by dragging it or copy/pasting. Opening rooms side by side makes dragging equipment between them easier. To arrange rooms side by side, drag the tab of an open room off to the side of the main area.
- Rack-mountable equipment can be dragged from any rack in the Navigation pane to a store room, any rack in a selected rack layout, or any rack in the Navigation pane.
- Floor equipment can be dragged from any room in the Navigation pane to a store room, electrical room or any room shown in the floor layout, or any rack in the Navigation pane.
- Rack or floor equipment can be dragged from any room in the Navigation pane to any selected store room shown in the Layout pane.
You can highlight any listed equipment by right-clicking it and selecting Show in Layout to highlight the selected Navigation pane device in the Layout pane.
Double-clicking a room opens the selected room in the floor layout editor view.
If a room is already open in the layout editor, right-click and select Open New Layout to open the selected room in the layout in a separate pane.
You can use the right-click menu to access the most relevant options. For example:
- Right-clicking a location allows you to create, rename, and delete locations and rooms.
- Right-clicking a room allows you to open the selected room in a new floor layout editor, copy, paste, rename, and show properties.
- Right-clicking an item allows you to highlight it in the layout (Show in Layout), cut, paste, rename, show properties.
You can delete equipment by right-clicking it and selecting Delete.
You can add, move or delete multiple items at the same time by using Ctrl-click or Shift-click.