In Genomes, you can create a bundle to add multiple pieces of equipment in one building block. This could be helpful, for example when creating a large data center setup in IT Advisor with a large amount of similar equipment.
Together with work order templates, this is powerful for quickly adding bundles of pre-equipped rows or racks and creating the workflow to support the installation in large setups.
Creating a bundle
- In Genomes, right-click a folder and select Add bundle.
- Double-click the bundle icon to rename it.
Adding equipment to a bundle
- Right-click the bundle icon and select Edit.
This opens the Bundle Layout.
- Drag equipment from Genomes into the bundle in the Bundle Layout.
You can now use the new building block by dragging the bundle from Genomes into the layout.
Creating a new bundle based on an existing bundle
- Right-click a bundle from which you want to reuse equipment and select Copy.
This creates a new bundle as a copy of the existing bundle.
- Rename the new bundle (double-click).
- Edit the bundle (right-click and drag or delete equipment).
You can now create a work order template with the tasks needed for deploying all the equipment in the bundle. This template can be reused for assigning work orders to deploy all bundles.