The IT Advisor web client is available on a computer, tablet, or mobile device with an internet browser, and provides easy web access to a subset of the features available in the ITA suite:
- Rack inventory management
- Account settings
- Administration functions, such as
- License management
- Desktop client download
- User management
- Authentication server configuration
- Customer management (colo feature, available with the IT Advisor for Colo license)
Supported browsers and OS
IT Advisor web client minimum browser and OS requirements:
- Internet Explorer 10
- Chrome 52
- Firefox 49
- Safari 9.1.3
- iOS 9.3.5
- Android 5.1
- Microsoft Edge 20.10240.16384.0
Access and language settings
To access the web client, use a browser to launch to the IP address or hostname of the ITA server
<serverIPaddress> and log in.
If you're not an English speaker, you can select your preferred language in Profile>Language (your profile image in the upper right corner).
When connecting to the ITA server from a web browser, you may receive warnings about the security certificate needed for secure communication. The ITA server is installed with a self-signed security certificate. It is recommended, after the installation of ITA is complete, to replace this with a security certificate issued by a trusted certificate authority. For information about certificates and how to replace the default self-signed certificate with one you purchase from a trusted certificate authority, see Working with SSL certificates and Changing SSL certificate on the server.
If you try logging in with the wrong credentials 5 times, your account will be locked for 10 minutes.
Rack inventory and dashboards
The web client rack inventory allows you to see any part of the ITA data center infrastructure model you have been granted access to and drill down through locations and rooms to the rack inventory. You may have been granted with rights to view or edit all or parts of the rack inventory. For example, depending on your user rights, you can:
- View a graphical representation of locations, rooms including walls, doors, windows, cages, and floor-mounted equipment
- View equipment in racks and their properties, such as servers, blade chassis, network equipment, and rack PDUs
- Edit equipment in racks and their properties, such as servers, blade chassis, network equipment, and rack PDUs
- Connect equipment in racks to rack PDUs for power or disconnect
- View power and space usage for the selected room, cage, or equipment
- View power history for the selected room, cage, or rack
- View capacity overview for the entire solution or a selected location
- View audit trail for the selected room, cage, or equipment, listing changes made to the infrastructure, such as connecting servers to rack PDUs or changing equipment names
There's an upper limit to everything
The web client does not include all functionality included in the graphical editor in the ITA desktop client. For example, you cannot:
- Add, change, or delete floor-mounted equipment (including racks)
- Configure network connections. Read-only at this time
- Use custom tags. You can use custom properties.
- Add, change, or delete work orders. You can track work order progress only.