Open the room with the racks you want to edit and double-click a rack to open it in the Elevated view.
To select more racks and open multiple racks next to each other, click the pin icon in the lower left and then search for the racks you want to view. These racks appear in Pinned Items.
To move equipment between racks, click the plus icon to create a list of the assets you want to work with.
Important: Any changes to the rack inventory in the web client also update the model on the IT Advisor server and in the desktop client.
Add, move, or delete rack equipment
To add equipment from the equipment library to the asset list:
- Click the plus icon to open the equipment library.
- Click Assign Asset Slots.
- Select the slot where you want to assign rack equipment and ether browse or search for the equipment.
- Press Done.
- Click Add. Click the equipment and then click the Rack U-position to add it to the rack.
To move equipment in the layout:
Drag and drop equipment to other positions and/or racks.
See Compare racks from the same or different rooms
To delete equipment in the layout:
- Click the Erase icon.
- Click the equipment you want to delete, and then confirm.
Configure, edit, or delete power connections
The application provides two ways of configuring power connections for rack equipment:
- From power consumers point of view,
- From rack PDU point of view, if the PDU supports extended power information.
Configure power connections from power consumers point of view
- Select the power consumer for which you want to configure, edit, or delete power connections, such as a server.
- In the equipment information panel to the right, click the Power Connection icon and look for a power consumer inlet with nothing connected to it. A free inlet is labelled Disconnected.
- Click the arrow to the right to see the list of possible power sources.
- Select the desired power source.
For power sources without power outlet information, select the phase from list of available phase configurations.
For power sources with power outlet information, select available outlet.
To remove existing power connection, click the selected phase or outlet again.
Configuring power connections from rack PDU point of view
Extended power information only. See Working with Rack PDUs
- Select the power outlet for which you want to configure, edit, or delete the power connection.
- In the equipment information panel to the right, click the Power connection icon and check the Connected state.
- Use the dropdown to the right to see the list of possible power consumers.
- Click the desired power consumer to establish the connection.
- To remove an existing power connection, click the selected power consumer again.
Edit equipment properties
- Select the equipment for which you want to edit properties, such as a server.
- In the equipment information panel to the right, edit any property.
Some properties may not be editable.
Labels - Add color coded labels
Asset visuals - Add images for the front and rear of the asset
Compare racks from the same or different rooms
- Navigate to the Floor view.
- Open the Pinned Item tool on the left.
- Select a rack on the floor and click the Pin icon in the right property section.
Note: There is no limit on how many racks you can pin and view in Elevated view.
To view pinned racks, select the Elevated tab.
To manage pinned items from Elevated tab, select the Pinned Items tool and click Manage Pins.
Search in the current room or across different rooms to compare racks.