In order to get a solution to your issue as fast as possible, include all relevant details available, when you report your issue. The more information we have, the faster we can identify your problem and help you.
- Give a detailed description of the scope and the issue you need help solving
- Describe the steps to reproduce the issue
- Provide relevant files
Give a detailed description of the scope and the issue you need help solving
- What were you doing, when the problem occurred?
- What kind of equipment were you working on?
- How many rooms were open?
- What is you client operating system?
- If the problem relates to an existing installation, include: Product name, Installation details (version and build number), Configuration details, System hardware details (physical/virtual server, etc.)
Describe the steps to reproduce the issue
- How can we reproduce the problem?
- Describe what you have done to try to solve the problem yourself.
- Upload any relevant screenshots (e.g. application error messages). Remember there is a lot of information we can gather from the environment in which the error occurred, so upload a clear screen dump of the entire screen rather than a screen shot of the error message.
- Can we get access to a latest backup file?
Provide relevant files
client logs: can be collected from desktop client Help > Download client log files
server logs: can be collected from web-client Administration > Download log files
If the ITA application is not running, then get these files:
client logs: usually located in C:\Users\<user name>\.isxo\<ITA version>\Operations\application.log
server logs: ssh log in to server and run the following commands
tar -zcvf /tmp/serverlogs.tar.gz /opt/jboss-as/standalone/log
tar -zcvf /tmp/journal.tar.gz /var/log/journal
the generated files would be in the /tmp folder, called “serverlogs.tar.gz” and “journal.tar.gz” which can be downloaded from the server.
Latest backup file: backup file(s) usually located in /data/backup folder.