For ITA on-premise installations only
You can import asset and monitoring related data from CenterScape into IT Advisor (on-premise only), giving you granular visibility into data center resources and enabling you to monitor your data center floor. Integrating CenterScape and ITA also eliminates duplicity of data and labor to enter the same data in two different systems.
RF Code CenterScape offers real-time asset management and environmental monitoring solution. CenterScape continuously tracks physical asset locations and environmental conditions allowing users to locate and manage equipment, identify and troubleshoot power and cooling inefficiencies and avoid downtime. The integration of the CenterScape into IT Advisor simplifies the management of complex data and reduces data manipulation, providing a single source of information.
- ITA with Change license
- RF Code CenterScape version 1 and above
- User access to CenterScape web services for integration
- Open port and communication between ITA and CenterScape (CenterScape port number depends on the customer installation)
This CenterScape data will always be synchronized with ITA:
|Asset Data||Custom Properties||Environmental Sensor Readings|
Daily peak temperature
Daily average temperature
This information is to be provided by the customer.
|rfcode_user||RF Code user name with webservices access|
|rfcode_password||RF Code user password|
Url or IP address of your RF Code instance. Typically: http://myserver.rfcode.com/
|rfcode_port||RF Code port to query web services (e.g. port 6580)|
|Remove_deleted||Possible choices: Yes / No. See Deletion of devices|
Number of days when a change ticket is due by. Example, 10. See Creation of Change Tickets
Deletion of devices
The user can choose whether the information coming from CenterScape and pushed to ITA should or should not be deleted in ITA when an asset is removed from the CenterScape system.
This does not delete the actual device in the ITA model, only the RF Code information attached to this device.
Creation of Change Tickets
When an asset change location and ITA discovers that Centerscape reports a different detected location than what it previously reported, a change ticket will be created in ITA. These change tickets will appear in ITA and then can be associated with either a new or existing work order.
- No change tickets will be created on original asset location assignment
- The change tickets will have predefined status as “RF Code generated” and priority “Medium”
- Change_ticket_due_days variable decides the number of days from present day to be set for due date.
- ITA Change module is required to use this functionality
Note: CenterScape considers Location type of Rack as a valid location. When devices are assigned to DataCenters or Rows, it is not considered as valid locations and hence the change ticket would not be as required. Also when moving a device from DataCenter/Rows to Racks, a change ticket will not be created as this is considered as initial allocation of location.
CI polling interval (job scheduling)
|Up to 60 racks||60 minutes|
|From 61 to 150 racks||120 minutes|
|From 151 to 300 racks||180 minutes|
|From 301 to 500 racks||2400 minutes|
|Above 500 racks||Please contact technical support|
It is not recommended to configure a frequency lower than 60 minutes.
RF Code CenterScape data in ITA
Inventory shows up as unassociated devices. Automatic/manual association is needed.
Temperature and humidity sensors bring in values.
They can be dropped anywhere on the floor, in a rack, or on a device.
Change tickets are created when an asset is moved from one location to another.
Configuring RF Code CenterScape Connector in ITA
- Create a new import staging database. See ETL Database Configuraton.
Download the .zip file. This file is available to verified Schneider Electric customers and personnel only.
Note: If you cannot access the files, ensure you have a valid software support contract ready and contact technical support.
- Upload the .zip file from the above step to the ITA server to the
- From the server console (or ssh connection, e.g. using Putty), extract the files from the .zip, using this command:
sudo unzip /data/pentaho/import/RFCode_Connector_1.0.zip
- From the ITA UI, create a new ETL external system and fill in the connector parameters.
- Choose polling interval and save your configuration.
- Restart your ITA client after completing the connector configuration.