Creating a controlled automated work order
Open the Work Order Editor in the Planning > Data Center perspective to create a controlled automated work order and make changes to the layout. Any changes done to add, move, or delete equipment are recorded, and work order tasks for implementing these changes in the data center are automatically generated.
Working with the controlled automated work order process
- In Planning > Data Center, open the Work Order Editor.
- Edit the work order details, such as summary, assignee (User or Group), needed by date, and priority.
- Select a project code (not required).
Use the project code to identify the work order type. You can filter the work order list using this code. To add a new code, click the plus icon and type the code.
- Type a comment, (not required).
If Remedy integration has been configured, and the work order has been associated with a ticket, the comment will be transferred to the Remedy system along with the work order when it is completed.
- Add, move, or delete equipment in the layout (drag and drop).
- Edit the task details, if needed.
- Save and Close the Work Order Editor.
The system automatically creates the work order.
To exit the work order recording mode and execute planned changes, click Cancel in the Work Order Editor.
When you execute a planned change, any associated work orders will be automatically updated. When you set a work order to completed, the associated planned change is executed.
Any work order at or past the date requested for completion is highlighted in red text.
To disable automatic work order recording when adding, moving, or deleting equipment in the layout, close the Work Order Editor.
Automated work order with network