The Changes perspective, available in the Application bar Analytics > Changes option, allows you to monitor and plan the overall progress of projects and drill down on areas of interest by a number of categories, such as work order assignee, project code, and location.
- Allocate resources based on amount of work orders assigned to a resource.
- Avoid scheduling conflicts
- Handle work order peaks
- Create reports about work order actions, available in the Application bar Analytics > Reports.
This perspective includes work orders with tasks only. Work orders without tasks in the system do not appear in this perspective.
You can use the charts and views for insight (read-only). They update dynamically as you drill down, left to right and top to bottom.
- Click on a specific location to see all the related tasks, or continue drilling down on assignee (user or group), project code, time, etc.
- In the Tasks Time Line, navigate and zoom in on the time line. Hover over the colored bars to see tool tip details.
- Quickly identify overdue tasks in the Summary view: Click the word Overdue, for example, and the Work Order Tasks pane will show only these overdue tasks.
- In the Projects pane, filter on tasks with a specific project code.
The charts and views update accordingly.
Tip: Over time, the number of tasks in the system will grow. You can select Hide completed projects to see only the active tasks.
The Work Order Tasks pane provides an option to edit tasks across work orders.
- Double-click a task in the list to open the work order with this task in the Work Order Editor and apply changes.
For example, if an individual is out sick or will be on vacation next week, select all the tasks not started or in progress for this assignee and reassign them, or change the due date to postpone the tasks until they return.
- At any time, right-click and print a list of tasks assigned to a specific resource.
Please sign in to leave a comment.