Creating and applying work order processes
Working with change management in a data center often requires certain tasks to be repeated regularly. In ITA, work order processes and the option to schedule recurring work orders help you manage repetitive tasks.
A work order process is a list of tasks in a defined flow that you can save and reuse for other similar work orders. As you add to it, your processes library will grow into a valuable collection of best practices.
Creating a work order process is very similar to creating a work order. The only difference is the list of tasks and the flow you create in a process can be saved and used again and again.
Creating a work order process
- Click the Create new Work Order Process icon in the menu bar.
- Fill in the work order process properties, such as name, priority, project code, etc.
- Add one or more tasks to the work order process.
- Open the Work Flow Editor.
- Define the workflow.
- Click the Create work order recording task icon
For example, the process to install a server is always the same, but the rack, u-position, etc. is different every time.
Note: You can only add one work order recording to a process, however, you can add many tasks within that recording. to insert tasks that are work order specific, if needed.
Work Order Process View
The saved work order process appears in the list of available processes when you create a new work order. and in the Work Order Processes view.
Note: The Work Order Processes view is not displayed by default. Go to Window > Show View > Work Order Processes to open it.
Applying a work order process
- Right-click one or more pieces of equipment or a room layout, and select Apply Work Order Process.
In the Work Order Editor, adjust the text for the work order if needed.
Ctrl-click or Shift-click to select multiple items at the same time.