You will only receive notifications on critical alarms when you connect a Gateway and subscribe to IT Expert, or you subscribe devices to Asset Advisor.
There are default settings for criticality on most devices, but you can determine which alarms are critical by customizing alarm thresholds in the EcoStruxure IT Gateway. Alarm thresholds can also be defined directly on a network management card (NMC).
If you're defining thresholds on multiple devices, it is easier to do in the Gateway.
- In the Gateway, click the menu icon, then Alarm Configuration.
- Click Create Alarm Configuration, and choose a sensor type.
- Specify a name for the alarm configuration.
- Specify a value for at least one threshold parameter: Minimum, Low, High, or Maximum.
- Click Add sensor type.
- Filter the list by device type and device group. You can narrow the list using text you type to find only the sensors you want in the list.
- Click +Add or +Add all to include the sensors you want to respond the threshold alarm.
- Click Done and OK to finish the configuration.
When a monitored device sensor reports a value below what you defined as Low, it will generate an alarm with the severity of warning.
When a monitored device sensor reports a value below what you defined as Minimum, it will generate an alarm with the severity of critical.