When critical alarms occur on devices subscribed to Asset Advisor, incidents are automatically created. An agent from the Schneider Electric Service Bureau will either call you or chat with you to help you solve the incidents.
You get notified immediately on the EcoStruxure IT app when there is a new incident, or when there is a change to the status of an incident. You can chat with agents from the Schneider Electric Service Bureau on open incidents, follow the progress on incidents pending a solution, and see solved incidents.
The incident life cycle includes these states: new, open, pending, and solved. You can initiate some of these states; you can create a new incident or reopen a solved incident.
Once the Service Bureau takes ownership of an incident, its status changes from new to in progress in the EcoStruxure IT app.
A solved incident is closed after 4 days. You can reopen the incident in the app within those 4 days.
Creating an incident
An incident is automatically created on critical alarms on devices subscribed to Asset Advisor. Sometimes you might want to create an incident yourself on a device. You can do this directly from the app at any time on subscribed devices, but this may incur additional cost if a Field Service Rep is required on site.
- Log in to the EcoStruxure IT app and open the Devices tab.
- Tap to select a device; tap the elipsis icon (three dots) in the upper right corner, then tap New incident.
- In the New Incident view, type a subject and description and save your new incident.
Chatting on an incident
You can use the built-in team chat on an incident to share relevant details instantly and work with agents from the Schneider Electric Service Bureau and your colleagues on duty to prevent or solve any incidents quickly.
- Log in to the EcoStruxure IT app and open the Incidents tab.
- Tap to select an incident, type a message at the bottom, and tap Send.