On the Management > Device Configuration tab of the IT Expert web interface, select an APC SNMP device to use as the source to configure settings on other APC SNMP devices monitored by an EcoStruxure IT Gateway 1.5.0 and greater.
Device configuration requires EcoStruxure IT Gateway 1.5.0 or greater.
FTP credentials for all the APC SNMP devices must be correctly configured in the Device File Transfer Settings option in the Gateway.
Only the values exposed in the config.ini for both the source and destination device can be configured. User management settings may not be available on some devices.
About device settings
The list of device settings does not dynamically refresh. Device settings update during a discovery, a rediscovery, and after the FTP settings change elsewhere.
The date and time indicate when the device settings were most recently updated.
Sensitive values, such as username, password, IP address, and location are masked.
Select an APC SNMP device to use as the source to configure settings on other APC SNMP devices monitored by an EcoStruxure IT Gateway 1.5.0.x and greater.
IMPORTANT: Both the source device and the destination devices you want to configure must be monitored by the same Gateway.
- Log in to your ecostruxureit.com account.
- Click Management in the left sidebar.
- On the Device Configuration tab, click Begin.
- Choose the Gateway monitoring the devices you want to configure.
Both the source device and the destination devices you want to configure must be monitored by the same Gateway.
- Select the device you want to use as the source to configure settings on other devices.
- Select the device settings you want to write to other devices.
- Select the destination devices you want to configuration settings on.
- Review your changes, and click Finish.
A progress bar shows the number of devices Completed, Failed, In progress, and Not started.
TIP: Filter, search, and sort to locate devices.
Click to refresh the list of settings to be sure the latest settings are displayed. This list does not automatically refresh if a config change was made directly on the device.
Previous results list
Once configuration has finished, you can click Begin and click the Settings icon for any destination device to confirm that the settings were applied.
Troubleshooting device configuration failures
You can click Don't see the device you're looking for? in the Device Configuration wizard to see troubleshooting tips.
I can't find my device
The device you searched for isn't monitored by the Gateway you selected.
- Exit the Device Configuration wizard and click Begin.
- Select the Gateway that is monitoring the device you searched for. Both the source device for the template and the destination devices you want to configure must be monitored by the same Gateway.
There is no configuration for the device.
Make sure the FTP settings are configured correctly in the Device File Transfer Settings option of the Gateway.
- Log in to the gateway that monitors the device.
- Verify the FTP settings.
- Rediscover the device. Note: You do not need to delete the device to rediscover it.
All destination devices that support config.ini are listed regardless of whether the settings from the source device are valid. Settings from the source device that are selected but cannot be applied are ignored.
Comm failed: Cannot communicate with the device. Check network settings and SNMP community names, and try again.
Invalid credentials: Check that the device credentials match the Device File Transfer Settings option of the Gateway.