You can use Data Center Expert and EcoStruxure IT Gateway in parallel to monitor SNMP and NetBotz devices. You connect only the Gateway to EcoStruxure IT.
EcoStruxure IT Expert requires that you connect a Gateway. You cannot connect to IT Expert using DCE.
Note: Dual monitoring Modbus devices is not recommended because it may cause some devices to fail. Some Modbus devices do not support polling from monitoring agents.
You will need:
- StruxureWare Data Center Expert server monitoring devices
- EcoStruxure IT Gateway to monitor some or all your SNMP and NetBotz devices in parallel with your DCE server
- EcoStruxure IT app for Android or iPhone
- Go to https://app.ecostruxureit.com/manage/register and create an account for your organization. If you already have an account, log in.
- Click the link to download and install the Gateway to connect your on-premise devices to the EcoStruxure cloud. System requirements
- Log in to the Gateway. Go to on any computer with network access to the server. The default username and password is admin/admin.
- Discover the SNMP and NetBotz devices you want to monitor using the Gateway in parallel with DCE.
- Select the EcoStruxure IT option in the Gateway. Click the Register link and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Gateway server to EcoStruxure IT.
Log in to your account and enter the registration code for the Gateway server in the Gateways option on the app.ecostruxureit.com/manage page.
- Download the EcoStruxure IT app and log in using the code your received via SMS message.
EcoStruxure IT app
The EcoStruxure IT app is available for iOS and Android, in English only, in these countries.