Note: Prerequisites and system requirements do not apply to the Gateway appliance.
- A server or a PC that is always on with:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 64-bit, Windows 2008 R2 SP1 64-bit or greater
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 or CentOS 7 or greater
- At least 2GB hard disk space
Port 443 outbound for connecting to EcoStruxure IT
Port 443 inbound locally for accessing the Gateway web interface
- Devices to be monitored must be accessible over the network from the EcoStruxure IT Gateway
1. Sign up and create an EcoStruxure IT account.
After you install the Gateway, open a browser on any computer with network access to the Gateway. For Gateway software installations, you can go to
Set the password for the system administrator. The default username is admin.
2. Configure cloud connectivity settings
Set up a proxy server
The Gateway server must use the internet to communicate with EcoStruxure IT. If you are using a proxy server, specify the settings.
- Click Proxy Settings
- Choose to automatically detect proxy settings or configure the settings manually. Specify the proxy server address, the HTTP port and HTTPS port used to communicate with the proxy server, and the username and password to access it.
- Click OK to confirm the Gateway server can access the proxy server using these settings.
For more information about configuring settings manually, see How to set up the EcoStruxure IT Gateway proxy settings.
Add trusted SSL certificate
You can allow EcoStruxure IT Gateway to trust an untrusted certificate.
- Click Import certificate.
- Drag and drop the certificate file, or copy and paste the certificate contents into the box.
3. Configure device communication settings
Discovery and polling
Click New Settings and select a protocol to configure:
SNMPv1: Specify the Read community name (public is default), the Write community name (private is default), and the port, (161 is default).
SNMPv3: Specify the Username, Authentication type (MD5 or SHA), Authentication password, Encryption type (DES, DES3, AES128, AES192, AES256), Encryption password, and Port (161 is default).
NetBotz: Specify the Username, Password, and Port (80 is default, or 443 with SSL enabled).
Redfish: Specify the Username, Password, and Port (443 is default).
Configuration and firmware update
Click New Settings and select FTP.
- Specify a name for the configuration, and the username, password, and port.
The APC Network Management Card file transfer settings are required to allow the Gateway to download device definition files (DDF) from monitored APC SNMP devices. DDFs are needed to accurately process device status and alarms, firmware updates, and device configuration.
The file transfer method is FTP only.
Note: The Gateway gathers the event.txt log daily for most APC devices using the Gateway's FTP credentials. Make sure the Gateway credentials match those on the devices. Otherwise, a warning email message is sent every day for each device.
4. Discover devices
All the communication settings you configured are used in discoveries by default. If you want to use only one of the communication settings during discovery instead of all, click Use all settings and select it from the list.
Specify an IP address range. Use an asterisk to search an entire subnet: 192.168.1.* Use a dash to search a range of IP addresses: 192.168.1.100-254
You can specify multiple IP addresses or IP address ranges.
To discover Modbus devices, click Discovering a Modbus device?
Specify the Device type, Device vendor, Device family, and Slave ID. For TCP, specify the IP address and Port (502 is default). For Serial (RTU), specify the Port, Baud rate, Data bits, Parity, Stop bits, and Flow control.
All discovered devices are listed on the Devices page. Discovery results are in the right side of the page.
If you find that some of your devices are not yet supported, click to view the list. To request device support, click Need device support? Submit a DDF Request.
5. Register and connect the Gateway
Click the button to register the Gateway with your organization. If you don't get a push notification on your phone, you can manually enter the registration code provided.