If you have created a device support ticket and have been asked to enable targeted reads for a device, you set the permission to do so in the Gateway server's web user interface in the Device Support option.
To create a Device Support ticket to allow EcoStruxure IT Gateway to discover an unsupported device:
- Select the Device Support option in the Gateway user interface.
- Click Request Support in Gateway to request support for a device you are unable to discover.
You can also request device support in the Help Center, https://help.ecostruxureit.com/devices.
To set the permission to perform a targeted read, check the appropriate box based on how you are trying to discover the device:
- If you are trying to discover a serial Modbus device, check the first box, Allow Schneider Electric to perform targeted reads on devices serially connected to your EcoStruxure IT Gateway.
- If you are trying to discover a Modbus TCP device, check the second box, Allow Schneider Electric to perform targeted reads on the following IP addresses or IP address ranges. List the IP addresses individually or specify a range.
When you confirm with device support that you have given your permission for a targeted read in the Device Support option in the Gateway, be sure to provide the following information for the devices you are trying to discover:
- For a Modbus TCP device
- IP address
- Port number
- Slave ID
- For a Modbus serial device
- Communication port
- Slave ID
- Baud Rate
- Data Bits
- Stop Bits
- Flow Control