Upgrading from DCO 8.3.2 to IT Advisor may take some time to complete. Assume at least ten or fifteen minutes (depending on the size of your solution) and the upgrade performs a reboot of the ITA server.
Schneider-Electric strongly recommends customers create a backup of the DCO server and download the backup off the server before initializing the upgrade.
If you have a disaster recovery node, you will have to upgrade that as a stand-alone server after upgrading the cluster.
IT Advisor ISO file
Customers with an active support contract can contact technical support to get access to the download links for ITA software. IT Advisor offers two versions of its ISO file, so customers must aware of which ISO file they should use.
- EcoStruxureITAdvisor<version>.iso is referred to as the online ISO file which should be used by customers who have a DCO/ITA server which can resolve dependencies from repositories on the public internet.
- EcoStruxureITAdvisor<version>-offline.iso is referred to as the offline ISO file which should be used by customers who have a DCO/ITA server which cannot resolve dependencies from public internet based repositories.
As an example, the online ISO filename for ITA 9.0.7 is EcoStruxureITAdvisor9.0.7.iso the offline filename is EcoStruxureITAdvisor9.0.7-offline.iso
Performing the upgrade
- Download the appropriate ITA online or offline .iso file from a location provided by the support team and copy the SHA256 key for the online or offline install file from the same location.
Upgrade using Webmin
Note: In a cluster environment this step is only required on the node where the upgrade is performed.
- In the Webmin left menu, select StruxureWare DC Operation>Upgrade.
- The customer must choose to browse to the location of the downloaded ISO file by clicking the Choose File button in the Select StruxureWare Data Center Operation Installer file field OR specify the full path to the location where the ISO file was already uploaded to the DCO server in the Full path to local Struxureware Data Center Operation Installer file field. In the below example the online ITA 9.0.7 iso file was already uploaded to the DCO server into the /data folder. The proper SHA256 checksum value for this ISO should be placed in the SHA256 checksum field.By default the bottom two check-boxes under the SHA256 field are unchecked. If the customer has specified the offline ITA ISO, then they should select the Do not download packages from the Internet check-box like the below example.
If your DCO server is running on Red Hat and your company policies require third party packages are installed separately, DO NOT select No thirdparty RPMs as the upgrade will fail! Instead, if your setup requires this option, create a post in the help center requesting help with the upgrade and our team will get in touch with you.
- Click Upgrade and wait for the upgrade to complete. The server will reboot near the end of the upgrade
After the upgrade has completed, you can launch the IT Advisor web client and download the latest version of the ITA desktop client.