If you get a critical error message, search for the error message in the documentation and community. If you do not find instructions for solving this particular issue, you can ask a question in the forum.
The log files can be helpful when troubleshooting why the error occurred. Collecting the files may take a few minutes.
To contact support for assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form at https://helpcenter.ecostruxureit.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000334353
- Take a screenshot of the application and error message.
- If the error occurred in the ITA desktop client, write down the installation details (version, build, and serial number). You can access this information in the application Help > About IT Advisor.
- Write down (in steps) what you were doing before the message appeared.
- Download the relevant log files as described below.
- Post a question in the forum or send this information to technical support, including:
- Error description
- Description of what you were doing when the message appeared
- Pasting relevant lines from the log files (Caution: Do not share confidential information in the community!)
- If the community does not help you solve your issue, contact technical support. Be sure to include the full log archive downloaded from Webmin for quicker, more efficient assistance.
Downloading server log files
You can collect server log files from the web client Download log Files Page (Administration > Download log Files).
Downloading desktop client log files
You can collect client log files from
- The desktop client menu Help > Download client log files
- The Data Center Operation installation folder, default location:
- Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\.isxo\[Version]\Operations\application.log
- OS X: ~/.isxo/[Version]/Operations/application.log
Downloading Disaster Recovery log files
Note that if your setup includes a Disaster Recovery node, you must download the log files separately through the Webmin interface on that server.
Contact technical support for assistance if needed.
Downloading ITO log files
ITO log files are included with the ITA server log files. Alternatively, you can download them separately from the ITO:
- In a browser, go to https://<ito-server-ip>:8090/.
- Log in as the server user.
Select System settings.
- In the pop-up dialog box, Support tab, click Download...
- Save the support.zip file containing the console log files.
Please sign in to leave a comment.