You can view a graph that is published to the PUE/DCiE Dashboard from Window > PUE/DCiE Dashboard in the desktop client.
It displays the Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE), which is a measure of the ratio of the total amount of power used by the data center facility to the power used by the IT load.
Your PUE is measured as an average from midnight to midnight, giving you a Power Usage Effectiveness summary for the previous 24 hours.
Note: You can toggle the energy efficiency metric between PUE and DCiE in Tools > Preferences > General.
Effective power usage resources
- WP-161: Allocating Data Center Energy Costs and Carbon to IT Users
- WP-157: Selecting an Industry-Standard Metric for Data Center Efficiency
- WP-154: Electrical Efficiency Measurement for Data Centers
- WP-114: Implementing Energy Efficient Data Centers
- WP-113: Electrical Efficiency Modeling for Data Centers
- WP-66: Estimating a Data Center's Electrical Carbon Footprint