Equipment browser allows to filter by standard model properties like name, manufacturer, part number or barcode. It also allows to filter by assigned custom properties.
In the left panel, find Choose filters button. Clicking the button will open a dropdown that allows to select or deselect filters available to use. To confirm selection, click Ok button.
Selected filters will appear in the filter panel and can be used for filtering.
Every filter having its input value set is being taken into consideration on filtering process. Empty filters are ignored.
To invoke filtering you have to click Search button located in the bottom of the filter sidebar. When it is done the first 50 results will be loaded in the table on the right hand side. To load more results you just have to scroll down.
The behaviour of each filter is dependent on its properties which are:
- Operator allows to change the way of filtering
- Column comparator allows to compare two columns
- Contain - property value should contain filter value
- Equal - property value should be exactly equal to filter value
- Greater than - property value should be greater or equal to filter value
- Lower than - property value should be lower or equal to filter value
- Between - property value should be between two defined edge filter values
- Defined - property value should be defined (e.g cannot be empty or in case of custom property filters, custom property should be assigned to the device)
How to change operator type?
- Find filter you want to change
- Click operator icon
- You will be redirected to filter properties page where you will see a list of available operators for your filter
- Click desired operators radio button
Equipment browser filter can work in two modes:
- Comparing to filter value
- Comparing to other column
Filter working in Column comparator mode looks different from normal filter. It has no regular filter input but it has combobox allowing to select other column having the same type. It it not possible to compare column to the same column.
How to turn on comparing to column?
- Hover filter header and click cogwheel icon
- You will be redirected to filter properties sidebar
- Find section ”Other options”
- Find option comparing to column
- Click corresponding checkbox to turn it on.
Equipment browser allows to sort by any column. It does not allow to sort my multiple columns.
To sort just click column header representing property you want to sort by. Click again to change the order.
Note that sorting by type column is not supported.