From an installation and deployment point of view, EcoStruxure IT Advisor (ITA) is very similar to StruxureWare Data Center Operation (DCO). When upgrading to ITA from DCO, customers may follow one of two processes:
- Create a backup of DCO 8.3.2, copy the backup to a clean installation of IT Advisor, restore the backup.
- Upgrade the existing DCO 8.3.2 server to IT Advisor using the webmin.
Customers who wish to upgrade from DCO to ITA should make sure they have upgraded to DCO 8.3.2 before upgrading to IT Advisor
NOTE: IT Advisor is offered as two ISO files. One ISO is meant for DCO/ITA servers which have access to the public internet to resolve dependencies. The second ISO is referred to as the offline ISO which meant for DCO/ITA servers which do not have access to the public internet.
Customers must have an active support contract to request access to the ITA ISO files.
A procedure for performing both of the above migration options can be found here: Upgrading from DCO 8.x to IT Advisor
The functionality of ITA vs DCO
Here is a list of modules that exist in ITA:
- ITA with Colo features - this is the base software module.
- Energy Cost. This module is merged into the base module and will no longer appear as a separate module.
- High Availability. This module is merged into the base module and will no longer appear as a separate module.
For clarification, here is a list of the modules that are not included in ITA:
- DCO base module
- Colo base module which includes everything in DCO plus some additional features
- IT Power Control
- Server Access
- Cooling Optimize
- Energy Efficiency
- StruxureWare Lab client
Migrating a Colo setup with High Availability, Insight, and Energy Cost license keys to ITA
When you move to ITA, your Colo, High Availability, and Insight licenses are stripped out during the upgrade. When the transition (restoring a backup file) completes, you'll only be able to use the ITA web client until you add an ITA replacement license. Customers holding a valid support contract can get ITA replacement license at no cost.
The High Availability license is now part of the base ITA license, so that feature (for a DR node) will continue to be present after the transition, but you will not see the license in the License view anymore.
The Insight license is no longer available in ITA, however any custom reports you created using Insight will continue to work in ITA.
The base ITA license also includes the Energy Cost report that was previously a separate license in DCO/Colo. After migrating to ITA, you will see the Energy Cost report in the desktop client Reports view in ITA.