Install redundant Gateways
- Install and configure two EcoStruxure IT Gateways the same way on two different servers that are always on, or on two Gateway Appliances.
See Installing and setting up EcoStruxure IT Gateway or link.
- Discover the same devices on each Gateway.
- Connect both Gateways to your EcoStruxure IT account.
|How to deploy EcoStruxure IT Gateway|
Note: Devices that are monitored by two Gateways appear the EcoStruxure IT Inventory only once.
- On one server where the Gateway is installed, stop the Gateway service in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services (Windows).
For Linux, type sudo systemctl stop EcoStruxureITGateway-x.x.x.x.service at the command line. Replace x.x.x.x with the Gateway version number.
- Cause an alarm on a device that is monitored by both Gateways.
- Log into your EcoStruxure IT account. Verify that the alarm is displayed there and in the mobile app.
- Once you have verified redundancy, restart the Gateway service (Windows).
For Linux, type sudo systemctl start EcoStruxureITGateway-x.x.x.x.service at the command line. Replace x.x.x.x with the Gateway version number.
- Repeat on the second Gateway server.