Partners can use the EcoStruxure IT Expert - API to access the device data of their connected and valid customers. A customer is considered valid for access via the APIs when:
- the customer has an active IT Expert subscription, either paid and trial, and
- the customer has allowed their partner(s) to access their data via the API.
Getting customer consent
Partners must contact the customer and ask them to log in to their EcoStruxure IT, navigate to Administration > Subscriptions, and check Allow API access to device data in the Your partner section.
Verifying customer consent
The API provides a call that allows Partners to get a list of all the unique identifiers for customers who are currently covered by the key. When a customer revokes their consent, their identifier will no longer appear in the list.
If a customer has revoked their consent, the API automatically denies any further access to their data. It is still the responsibility of the Partner to verify the customer's continued consent and take appropriate actions should access no longer be granted.
Creating a key
To be able to call the APIs, Partners must first generate an API key. You can see a list of currently valid API keys on the Administration > API tab.
Partners can create three types of keys:
- Demo Accesses a set of data from a demo customer for testing purposes
- All Customers Grants access to data from all their valid customers. Newly added customers are dynamically included. Invalid customers do not appear in the list.
- Specific Customers Grants access to the data from a selected set of their valid customers. Invalid customers do not appear in the list.
IMPORTANT: For security purposes, you are required to copy the key when it is created. Store it in a safe place. Your key cannot be retrieved. If it is lost, you will have to delete it and create a new one.